Find house names

Discussion in 'General GPS Discussion' started by coolgti, Oct 16, 2016.

1. coolgti

coolgti

Hi is there a sat nav or phone app that can find house names, I need one for my job as a meter reader in the uk, I use a tomtom app at the moment witch is fine in built up areas but out in the country side the house are scattered miles apart and the tomtom only takes me to the postcode centre witch is usually along way from the address im looking for, so does anyone know of something that can help speed up my day I'd be very grateful.

coolgti, Oct 16, 2016
  2. coolgti

Nuvi-Nebie Moderator

Quite a few maps (including the ones Tomtom uses), can search on a house number to pinpoint a location on a road, but I don't know of any that will search on house name. The only exact way of pinpointing a place on a road is to enter it's Latitude / Longitude, however I would be wary of online programs that claim to convert addresses to Lat/Long. because they tend to use inaccurate post code data for the conversion

Nuvi-Nebie, Oct 17, 2016
  3. coolgti

Steve123

Hi try downloading the app delm8 I think its what your looking for

Steve123, May 25, 2021
  4. coolgti

coolgti

Hi Steve123 thanks for responding I have now found an app for finding house names I have tried bellm8 but it’s not as good as Address finder by NavM8 it find houses names you can add multiple delivery points on the map at the same time so you can work your way round them and the navigation takes you to the door and it works offline it’s the best app I ever found

coolgti, May 25, 2021
  5. coolgti

Fuxake

You could also try Dorset Explorer.

Not an app as such, it's a webpage accessible from your phone.

Wow, way to necro a thread... sorry

Fuxake, Feb 26, 2022
Ask a Question