Garmin GPSmap 60CSx won't acquire satellites

Discussion in 'Garmin GPS' started by SD Rockman, Oct 27, 2016.

1. SD Rockman

SD Rockman

Today I went out into the field for the fourth time this month with my trusty GPS map loaded up with all my waypoints. When I got near the first waypoint I turned on the GPS to find the exact location and the unit refused to acquire any satellites. I had worked fine on the last three trips and guided me to my waypoints without any problem even though on one trip the cover was pretty thick. All my data is still available and the all the pages work except for the satellite one. I tried it with and without the external antenna with the same results. When I got back home I got out my old Meridian to see if my some weird happenstance, all of the satellites had been shut off. After its usual slow response, I managed to lock on to three satellites with mediocre strength. Has anyone experienced this problem with their 60CSx and is there a fix for it? I really like this unit except for its tiny screen so I would like to get it fixed. Maybe a reload of the firmware, I've had to do that once before for another problem. Thanks in advance to anyone who can help.

SD Rockman, Oct 27, 2016
Ask a Question