GPS-Forums.net > GPS-Forums.com

Discussion in 'Announcements, Site Problems & Feedback' started by Ian, Feb 25, 2016.

1. Ian

Ian Administrator

A long while ago, we were only able to get the GPS-Forums.net domain name as opposed to the .com. However, the .com version became available a few weeks ago, so I quickly grabbed it :).

I'm very tempted to move the site over to the more popular .com variant in the coming weeks. It'll only take a matter of minutes and all of the old links will still work (it'll be an invisible switch from .net > .com pretty much).

I just wanted to give a heads up in advance, in case it causes any confusion :D.

Ian, Feb 25, 2016
  2. Ian

Nuvi-Nebie Moderator

Nuvi-Nebie, Feb 25, 2016
  3. Ian

Ian Administrator

Yep, that's right - the old domain will just re-direct to the new .com, including all the old links. I may switch it over today, as it should be a completely invisible process :).

Ian, Feb 26, 2016
  4. Ian

Ian Administrator

The move is all done now :). One thing I forgot that would happen is that users will need to log in again on the new site (as the cookie domain has changed), but other than that there's no difference :D.

Ian, Feb 26, 2016
  5. Ian

Nuvi-Nebie Moderator

It's working for me, very smooth transition

Nuvi-Nebie, Feb 27, 2016
    Ian likes this.
Ask a Question