Magellen 310 stuck

Discussion in 'Magellan GPS' started by Andrew Campbell, Aug 3, 2016.

1. Andrew Campbell

Andrew Campbell

Hi. my magellen 310 is stuck on this screen, ive tried everything possible and it still wont fix itself. I dont know what to do. Help please! 1470206288184-268155149.jpg

Andrew Campbell, Aug 3, 2016
  2. Andrew Campbell

dimonster

I think that some files on the internal disc are corrupted. And navigation software is unable to start. Can you connect your GPS device tp PC as a Flash Drive? If "yes", then try to copy content of this archive into device's internal disc http://antalos.com/bin/gc_112.zip
    You can also try to do this:
    1) switch your GPS unit OFF
    2) Push "menu" button and "joystick left". Holding this buttons push "power" button.
    3) there will be a menu with two options: Mass Storage and Selftest. Choose Mass Storage and connect your device to PC using USB cable
    4) try to update firmware using Magellan's official VantagePoint software. Or you can try to copy files from archive from link above to your device.

dimonster, Oct 16, 2016
  3. Andrew Campbell

Nuvi-Nebie Moderator

MODERATOR NOTE TO ANDREW CAMPBELL

If you install the files in the zip file above, they will replace the file structure currently on your device, at the very least, I would copy the file structure currently on your device to the PC before installing the files from the zip file, otherwise the current files will be lost

Nuvi-Nebie, Oct 17, 2016
  4. Andrew Campbell

dimonster

Oh, yes. Making a back up copy is a god idea. But as far as I see, file strucrture on the device is corrupted, so, that "back up" copy of corrupted files may be useless.
    By the way, you should check your computer for viruses! As far as I know, some viruses can corrupt file and folder structure on attached Flash Drives. And this GPS device act as a flash drive when connected to PC, so, some viruses may attack it.

dimonster, Oct 17, 2016
Ask a Question