New Gpsmap 64st

Discussion in 'Garmin GPS' started by BeerBellyBill, Oct 15, 2016.

1. BeerBellyBill

BeerBellyBill

I haven't had a hand held in a long time. I just purchased a garmin 64st. I'd like to also use this for auto's. I can't find where I enter a start and end destination as far as addresses go. Do I need to buy an additional map?

Thanks.

BeerBellyBill, Oct 15, 2016
    Reboot likes this.
  2. BeerBellyBill

Nuvi-Nebie Moderator

Page 2 of your user manual shows you how to create a route
    2016-10-15_11.03.18.jpg

The unit won't have a 'Satnav style' trip menu, you can also plan a trip using Garmin Basecamp software on a computer, this will create a downloadable Route that can be loaded onto the unit

You won't need to install any other maps as long as the unit already has maps that show useable roads

Nuvi-Nebie, Oct 15, 2016
  3. BeerBellyBill

BeerBellyBill

I was under the impression if I got the garmin city navigator I'd have the option to search waypoints by address.

BeerBellyBill, Oct 15, 2016
    Reboot likes this.
  4. BeerBellyBill

Nuvi-Nebie Moderator

It looks like route generation on the 64st is done by selecting existing waypoints, the waypoints can be generated in several different ways, e.g. physically pointing at it on the map, if you want to search by address, you may get more options by purchasing City Navigator, but it may also be possible to use the Find >> Address option with your currently loaded map, it certainly works with OSM routable maps, I would give Find >> Address a try with your existing map first as you may have what you want already

In my opinion, it is much easier to generate the Route on a computer running Garmin Basecamp

Nuvi-Nebie, Oct 15, 2016
  5. BeerBellyBill

michael mcdonnell

Press the Find key. there is an address option.

michael mcdonnell, Dec 19, 2016
Ask a Question