Nuvi 2597LMT doesn't recognize country I'm in

Discussion in 'Garmin GPS' started by herownjourney, Sep 15, 2016.

1. herownjourney

herownjourney

Hi,

My nuvi has the Central Europe Region map with the latest update, 2017.20. I recently landed in the UK for a vacation and my device is acting very strange. It seems to not recognize the UK map?? For example, I will search for a city in England, such as "Glastonbury" and it will not even recognize it, but instead pulls up Glastonbury, Connecticut...in the United States! It did something similar with a city in Australia with the same name. When I try to browse by categories just to get something to kick in, such as by petrol stations, all the local petrol stations it gives are in France... in fact, all the categories seem to be set to France.

I have no idea what else to do...I've done a master reset of the device, cleared all previous data, and chosen United Kingdom as my Locale. Still the same old stuff.

I'm rather stumped, as I really REALLY need this thing to work while driving in a foreign country. It's never given problems before while traveling. Thank you!

herownjourney, Sep 15, 2016
  2. herownjourney

Nuvi-Nebie Moderator

When you select 'Where To ?' >> Categories, what is displayed in the 'Searching near' box in the top right of the screen ?, I would expect it to be a location in the U.K., If the unit thinks it is in the USA, it will find locations is the USA, similarly if the unit thinks it is in France, it will find locations in France, so you need to get a satellite 'fix' at your present location

Nuvi-Nebie, Sep 16, 2016
Ask a Question