Oregon 450 Memory Card

Discussion in 'Garmin GPS' started by Jeffxxx, Mar 26, 2011.

1. Jeffxxx

Jeffxxx

I just purchased a 450 and I'm trying to install a DaneElec microSD 4 GB memory card into the unit. I took the batteries out, gently lifted up the little metal flap, and put in the card with the little arrow on the card pointing up.
    Now I would like to know how I can tell what my total memory is now or if the card is working. I went to "My Computer" and found "Garmin OR (E:) but no indication of the card.
    I found a thread that said you could go to Geocaching.com with my membership and ascertain if the card was functioning. How do you do that?

If the card isn't working any suggestions?

Thanks

Jeffxxx, Mar 26, 2011
  2. Jeffxxx

Jeffxxx

BaseCamp the Solution

I figured it out. I downloaded BaseCamp from Garmin and ran the program and then turned on my GPSer. The left side displays what you are connected to . It showed the 450 but no memory card. I took the batteries and reseated the card so that it fit in perfectly and then tried BaseCamp again. It now shows the presence of a removable card.

Jeffxxx, Mar 28, 2011
Ask a Question