2597 LMT how to go back to FULL MAP CN & NA city

Discussion in 'Garmin GPS' started by corvetteguy, Mar 20, 2022.

1. corvetteguy

corvetteguy

Because of my memory limitation I took the option of only installing the LOWER 49.
    I would like to go back to the FULL map update. I can clean up some GARMIN memory, enough
    to support the Full Map.
    How do I get EXPRESS to reload the last FULL Map? (It says I am up to date)

corvetteguy, Mar 20, 2022
  2. corvetteguy

Nuvi-Nebie Moderator

If you connect your 2597 to a computer running Garmin Basecamp you can run the Install Map option in Basecamp, this will allow you to manage the map files on the 2597 including a delete option, Garmin Express will then allow you to re-install the full map

Personally I would use the download to 'Computer Only' in Garmin Express and then use Basecamp >> Maps >> Install Map option to send the whole map or a smaller selected part of the map to your 2597

Nuvi-Nebie, Mar 20, 2022
    corvetteguy likes this.
  3. corvetteguy

corvetteguy

I was able to go back to FULL maps by first, removing all unneeded files in the:
    TEXT
    VEHICLE
    HELP
    KEYBOARDS
    VOICE
    I kept only English,UK, and Spanish. This resulted in roughly 350MB of space bringing down
    the %FULL from 99 to 95. I then used EXPRESS to reload maps and it went through fine.
    Thanks for the help.

corvetteguy, Mar 24, 2022
Ask a Question