390LM Deleted UNL And GMA Files - Need 4 Files

Discussion in 'Garmin GPS' started by DHRC51, Feb 8, 2024.

1. DHRC51

DHRC51

I hope there is some help available.

I deleted what I thought were duplicate files and now my Garmin 390LM is not allowing me to import GPX routes.

These files are within the MAP directory on the 390LM.

I need:

D9644010A.UNL
    D9644010A.GMA
    D9644040A.UNL
    D9644040A.GMA

I mistakenly thought I had copied them prior to delete so I could replace them if there was a problem.

Garmin Express Update doesn't fix the problem.

They are very small miles like 4kb. email or attach to a response would be most helpful!!

Garmin Customer Support told me the device is no longer supported.

Any help is appreciated.

Thank you

David

Attached Files:

DHRC51, Feb 8, 2024
  2. DHRC51

Nuvi-Nebie Moderator

The gma (Garmin Map Activation) files and unl (Unlock) files are small files that accompany the much larger img map files on your GPS, as their name suggests these files enable map files to be used on a specific GPS unit, these files are different for every GPS so you won't be able to use files copied from another GPS

Nuvi-Nebie, Feb 8, 2024
  3. DHRC51

DHRC51

Ok, Thank you for the information!!!
    I wonder if there is any way to re-install the software of restore the unit?

David

DHRC51, Feb 9, 2024
  4. DHRC51

Nuvi-Nebie Moderator

I can't see a connection between gma / unl files being deleted and not being able to import Routes to your 390LM, have you lost the use of any maps since the files were deleted?, the 010, 040 and 050 files appear to be versions of the same North America map so the 050 files replaced the 010 and 040 files, they are no longer needed and deleting them will not stop anything working

Nuvi-Nebie, Feb 9, 2024
  5. DHRC51

DHRC51

Thank you all who replied to help. I saved the img map file to my computer and then removed it from the Garmin and then updated the map in Garmin Express. All seems to be working normally now.

Thank you all.

David

DHRC51, Feb 9, 2024
Ask a Question