51 LMTS not knowing places!

Discussion in 'Garmin GPS' started by Deadman, Oct 22, 2017.

1. Deadman

Deadman

please help

I have new all Europe 51 lmts and have used it twice, Finland and France (at the moment). Have never used a forum before but I am so disappointed with this potentially rubbish piece of xxxx!

In Finland it had no navigation and few towns marked, and now in France it doesn't recognise Paris, Reimes.....in fact hardly anywhere. Trip advisor says no places of interest.... we are in eurodisney. If I try to update map via wifi I get a message saying update server unavailable.

Really annoyed I wasted my money and just want to put it under the wheels.

Am I doing something wrong, or is it really this bad.

Advice welcomed.

Deadman, Oct 22, 2017
  2. Deadman

Nuvi-Nebie Moderator

It sounds like you are only getting 'Major Roads' rather than 'Full Details', see link here :-
    http://www.garmin.com/en-GB/maps/preloaded-maps

What is the name of the map/s in :- Settings >> Map and Vehicle >> myMaps ?, e.g. CN Europe NTU 2018.20 ALL (South + North)

A full map update files are large, you will need a fast internet connection e.g. maybe 1Hour or more @ 5mbS, if you have had a failed download, you may have incomplete maps

Nuvi-Nebie, Oct 22, 2017
  3. Deadman

Deadman

Hi there, amazed on your rsponse, many thanks for taking the time....appreciated. I'll have a look at this a little later.

Deadman, Oct 23, 2017
Ask a Question