64ST Sd Card Issues

Discussion in 'Garmin GPS' started by michael mcdonnell, Dec 19, 2016.

1. michael mcdonnell

michael mcdonnell

Hello,

So I need some help. I'm in a bit of a jam. I bought an SD Card for my 64ST. I want to load Open Street Maps .img files onto the SD Card. I purchased a 64gb card and formatted to 32FAT. And I installed 14gb of maps of every state of the USA and EUROPE. The 64ST will only acknowledge a few of the maps when in map set up enable or disable. I also tried this with a 32gb SD card thinking it may be just not reading all the installed .img files because it isnt a 32gb card. But alas I am having the same issues with that card. When I go to Map Install and try install map in basecamp it will only show me OSM Generic routable (US-NY) Map.

On other forums it seems that the GPS doesn't have enough memory so some of the maps get omitted. But that doesn't make sense because the SD Card has a lot of free space left. Why is this GPS device just picking out random maps installed. Why wont it read them all?

Anyone have any thoughts or suggestions?

Thanks for your time.

michael mcdonnell, Dec 19, 2016
Ask a Question