9250 Backup Camera

Discussion in 'Magellan GPS' started by magic, Aug 5, 2014.

1. magic

magic

I fought connecting a wired camera to the AV input of my newly purchased 9250T-LMB all day. What I learned may help.

- Input is a 3.5 mm (1/8 inch) connector.
    - It needs to be a composite connector, with 3 rings on the pin.
    - The 3 rings separate the 4 conductive sections.
    - Sections of the pin are wired to the following RCA connectors of a composite cable = 1) white, 2) red, 3) yellow pins, 4) common outer ring to all

Composite cables vary which section of the pin is wired to which colored composite RCA connector.

The input worked for me when using the top section (nearest the plastic on the 3.5 mm connector) to carry the signal, and the next one down as common. By splicing the correct connections from a composite cable (yellow/white/red connected to a 3.5 mm jack -- for video camera or ipod/ipad/video game) to a single cord RCA jack (ie - a yellow video RCA cable), I was able to make the camera work properly.

Use the resistance feature of a multimeter to map the RCA pins and common rings versus the sections of the 3.5 mm plug's pin.

I hope this helps someone trying the same thing.

magic, Aug 5, 2014
Ask a Question