Accuracy with terrible HRMS

Discussion in 'Global Navigation Satellite Systems' started by Frank, Apr 6, 2015.

1. Frank

Frank Guest

I am doing a large, backcountry survey for the SCDNR. A lot of the work is in deep valleys, with an HRMS of over 3. I need to have an accuracy of 2.5cm. I'm using L1 & L2C, and GPS & GLONASS. Would 30 minutes of post-processed raw data give me this kind of accuracy? If not, what length would be recommended?

Thanks,
    Frank Looper

Frank, Apr 6, 2015
    1. Advertisements

2. Frank

Sam Wormley Guest

Frank, don't you need a reasonably close reference marker, as most
    surveyors use.

Sam Wormley, Apr 7, 2015
    1. Advertisements

3. Frank

Frank Guest

I use an N TRIP caster that's 15 miles away, but in that deep valley, I can't get a fixed solution there, only autonomous or float fix. That's why I plan on recording 30 minutes of raw data, and process the RINEX file. Trimble RTX allows both GPS and GLONASS, as does CSRS-PPP and AUSPOS. I can also use GNSS Solutions on the desktop, and single-baseline process the RINEX file with the CORS site that's only 15 miles away. If I had two receivers, I could use one as a base, from a very close USES marker, but I can't yet afford another dual-frequency receiver.

Any suggestions would be welcome.

Thanks,
    Frank

Frank, Apr 7, 2015
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question