Andriod Truck GPS (HELP!!)

Discussion in 'GPS Software' started by thereverend, Sep 24, 2019.

1. thereverend

thereverend

Greetings,
    I bought a Rand Mcnally Android based truck GPS for $600 and now the battery is swelling and not charging and the company does not wish to help me at all. I was wondering how I can get the TRUCK GPS APP off of this device or better yet the whole software package including the firmware etc and place it on a NEW android tablet that does not have a swelled battery and is failing to charge. Can someone please help me with this and step by step directions if possible. Thank you all in advance..

thereverend, Sep 24, 2019
  2. thereverend

Nuvi-Nebie Moderator

I don't think it is going to be easy to transfer either the navigation App. or the entire Android operating system from this dedicated unit to another Android device, because there is a very good chance the the makers have built-in features to prevent users from copying their software.

I think your only options are to either fit / get fitted, a replacement battery or use your other Android device to run alternative navigation Apps. written for 'general' Android platforms, some of these are free to download

Nuvi-Nebie, Sep 25, 2019
  3. thereverend

thereverend

I have went into the system settings and found that you can 'unlock the boot loader' so I think it might not be as hard as you think. There is NO google play store installed on the GPS and it does not seem to want to allow the install of any programs from the playstores website. But it might be possible to install from SD card to the unit. I am sure someone that roots phones and flashes them with different firmware should be able to do something like this. Its the software that I paid for really and is licensed to me so.. I really want to get it out of it.

thereverend, Sep 25, 2019
  4. thereverend

Nuvi-Nebie Moderator

O.K., let us know how it goes

Nuvi-Nebie, Sep 25, 2019
Ask a Question