Annoying Pop Ups

Discussion in 'Garmin GPS' started by Bazza1946, May 8, 2018.

1. Bazza1946

Bazza1946

Hi, I hope someone can assist. I have a Garmin Zumo fitted to my motorcycle. I create trips using both Tyre for Travel and (now) My Route programs. Sometimes, (Not always) as I am riding my motorbike following the programmed route I get a large pop up on the screen with 'APPROACHING' it stays on for several seconds then goes off on its own. The problem is that it comes on just approaching a junction and it obscures the mapping, just at the exact time when you need to see which way to go....I dont use the the voice prompts.....It does not always do it ...its quite random My question is there anyway of avoiding this...or switching it off on the settings, I cannot see any reference in any of the instructions etc Any suggestions appreciated.

Bazza1946, May 8, 2018
  2. Bazza1946

Nuvi-Nebie Moderator

I am not familiar with Tyre to Travel or My Route, but it is possible that these programs are creating a Route with VIAs or Shaping Points that have Alerts associated with them, this would mean that for every point along the Route you selected when making the Route, the Zumo will alert you that you are approaching it

When using Garmin Basecamp to generate a Route, you can select between 'Alert' and 'Don't Alert', there is some info. in this link, (Click HERE)

Nuvi-Nebie, May 8, 2018
    Bazza1946 likes this.
Ask a Question