Any GPS's where settings can be controlled by voice, not just destinations

Discussion in 'General GPS Discussion' started by William Dedula, Dec 27, 2017.

1. William Dedula

William Dedula

Hi All;
    I am wondering if there is any GPS out there where the settings can be controlled by voice alone. I normally always have my GPS avoid highways but once in a while, I turn that off and forget to turn it back on before heading out on the road. The other day I tried to make that change while stopped at a red light but didn't finish before the light turned green (So many menus to navigate) and came close to getting in an accident. So I am looking for a gps that will allow me to control settings (Like avoidances) with my voice in addition to destinations. I have always had and used Garmin GPS's but when I tested the latest and most expensive model for the car at a local store yesterday, it seemed to only recognize voice commands for destinations and not settings.

Anyone know if there is a way to control settings on the newest Garmin's or is there another manufacturer out there that allows that ? I tried to reach out to Garmin but their tech. support only seems to apply to products already purchased and not pre-sale support. So I am seeking suggestions and recommendations in this Forum. Thanks.

Tim

William Dedula, Dec 27, 2017
  2. William Dedula

Nuvi-Nebie Moderator

For Garmin models, as far a I am aware, you can call up a 'Voice command menu' by saying a phrase and then pick from a menu by saying a line of text displayed, this includes controls such as 'Up, Down, Back and Exit', however the list does not include a 'Settings' option and it isn't possible to add this

Nuvi-Nebie, Dec 28, 2017
Ask a Question