Asking for Help and Education please.

Discussion in 'General GPS Discussion' started by MVS, Apr 30, 2014.

1. MVS

MVS

This is crazy. I need to resolve an issue. I am about to invest my life in someone. We have been to Cancun together a few times in the last 1.5 years. Recently, she went to Cancun without me. 6 nights, 6 days. She decided to communicate with me via Facebook IM. We never communicated this way before. On the 4th day, I accidentially click on one of her messages and I realize that all the messages we sent each other are pinned using location services via GPS on our phones. I am ignorant to these technologies. I don't spent much time on FB. She has the newer Galaxy, I have the Iphone 5. Upon review of the last 4 days - she's where she is saying she is and supposed to be 90% of the time. Airport, Costco, A friends apartment, etc.. On 2 different nights, however, it shows her at another hotel @ 15 miles away. God, the anxiety that came over me instantly. I cant overeact. I trust her, but I would be a fool to pretend I am not seeing her phone placed inside another hotel. So I confront her calmly. Neither of us can explain it. Although she makes a suggestion that we both were at the same hotel over a year ago and it possible something has a memory of past locations, and its some glitch in the system? I must tell you she has like a genius mind. Is this actually possible. I mean she is moving around at times -- always in the right place, (generally, the pin shifts slightly here and there -- but never miles) can it be possible the GPS hooks into another satellite with low signals with old records of locations? Another odd thing reviewing all the messages is that at certain times one minute she is at the right hotel and the next minute at the hotel 15 miles away. Can that be explained? I read somewhere yes -- that GPS updates every hour. True? I know this sounds crazy and I trust my girl -- but, I cant pretend this did not all just fall into my lap. I want answers if it possible understanding how GPS actually works. I am an odds, facts and statistics kind of guy - and it not adding up. Thank you for the feedback, sincerely, Anxious Joe.

MVS, Apr 30, 2014
  2. MVS

MVS

Follow up. If I expressed that my fiancé is born and raised Russian, and I suspect a sociopath, would anyone reading here be empathetic enough to educate me before they attempt at my soul? Thank you.

MVS, May 1, 2014
Ask a Question