Audible Speed Limit Warning

Discussion in 'Garmin GPS' started by burghfan3, Feb 24, 2018.

1. burghfan3

burghfan3

Which models have the audible and visual alert? Are the overage limits preset? Does it activate at 1 mile per hour over, because that's what I need? Thanks

burghfan3, Feb 24, 2018
  2. burghfan3

Nuvi-Nebie Moderator

Most Garmin Nuvi / Drive / Drivesmart units have an 'Audible Speed Alerts' option, ( the visual speed limit is always on), however, the speed limit info. is built-in to each map and not all roads are covered, the audible alert is set to 1 MPH above the limit and is not changeable

speed-alert.jpg

When the audible alert is triggered, the 'Speed' logo also displays red bars, as shown in my 210 Speed avatar

Nuvi-Nebie, Feb 24, 2018
    burghfan3 likes this.
  3. burghfan3

burghfan3

Anywhere that I can find a list of models with the audible? Looking at their website, they all say alerts for speed change, but none say audible speed limit alerts. I have to have this feature. Looking for lower end. You would think the website would have more info. Thanks for response

burghfan3, Feb 24, 2018
  4. burghfan3

Nuvi-Nebie Moderator

I don't know of a list, but if you can look at units in a store, you could examine the menus, on my old Nuvi56 it is at :- Settings >> Map & Vehicle >> Audible Speed Alerts and as the Nuvi56 was pretty much the cheapest model, I would expect the feature to be on most models

Nuvi-Nebie, Feb 24, 2018
  5. burghfan3

burghfan3

Problem is, only a few places around me even carry GPS units, and none have working displays. I emailed Garmin a few days ago, and can't get an answer. They're forcing me to look at different makers it seems. Not enough info on website, and crappy customer service. Thanks again, and have a good day

burghfan3, Feb 24, 2018
  6. burghfan3

Nuvi-Nebie Moderator

You could also look in the on-line user manuals, here is the entry for the Garmin Drive 40 / 50 / 60 models :-
    audio-alert.jpg
    There are 9 Audible Driver Alerts that can be turned on or off, including 'Speed limit Exceeded' and 'Speed limit Reduction'

Nuvi-Nebie, Feb 24, 2018
    burghfan3 likes this.
  7. burghfan3

burghfan3

Need speed alerts, not speed cameras, but I get your point. I'll Google the user manuals. Thanks!

burghfan3, Feb 24, 2018
  8. burghfan3

Nuvi-Nebie Moderator

The last line was the next heading, i.e. 'Redlight / Speed Cameras' , I have removed it now and added some more info.

Nuvi-Nebie, Feb 24, 2018
Ask a Question