Basecamp 64bit Keeps Crashing?

Discussion in 'Garmin GPS' started by Ray Sherman, Apr 23, 2019.

1. Ray Sherman

Ray Sherman

Hi,
    I updated Basecamp 4.8.4 64bit & Garmin Express this week after updating my O.S. to Mojave 10.14.4
    I'm trying to create a route with waypoints. As soon as I create/drop a third waypoint in the route window, Basecamp crashes.
    I reloaded all updates and retested, it still crashes in the same manner. I inserted several Route Points with no problem on the map after I drag/dropped "two" route waypoints in the route window but, as soon as I drag/drop a "third" waypoint into the route window, Basecamp crashes.
    I also noticed after reopening Basecamp, the Global map appears instead of City Navigator.
    The following shows City Navigator as 2020.1 version 23.10 which is the correct updated map.

Maps tab > Installed Maps Info. it shows City Navigator as 2020.1 version 23.10
    upload_2019-4-23_13-46-57.jpeg

If anyone has any suggestions for a fix, I would sincerely appreciate it. This may be a 64bit bug from Garmin........ Thanks, Ray

Ray Sherman, Apr 23, 2019
  2. Ray Sherman

Nuvi-Nebie Moderator

I'm guessing that you have installed ver 4.8.4 64 bit for Mac OS10.13, I don't have anything that runs Mac OS so I will have to leave it to a Mac user to comment on your problem

Nuvi-Nebie, Apr 24, 2019
  3. Ray Sherman

Ray Sherman

Thanks fpor the reply....... Yes I'm on a 2016 15" MacBook Pro;
    I did import a couple waypoints from old routes in my testing. The waypoints were spot on where they belonged on the road. The following are the tests I performed without any luck. Hopefully I can get in contact with someone here in the USA for help. Thank you for yours, I sincerely appreciate it. Ray

First, I want to be clear that all my previous routes from Basecamp running on O.S. High Sierra transferred over when I updated to O.S. Mojave 64bit. These older routes show properly without any issues after updating Basecamp, Garmin Express and O.S. Mojave. In the following tests, when I refer to “older routes” those are the ones that transferred over upon updating.

The following are different scenarios after testing.......
    Test 1:
    1) Created one new waypoint to add to an older route.
    2) Dragged/dropped the new waypoint from my route list into the route window.
    3) Immediate crash

Test 2:
    1) Created a new route with approx. eight waypoints that I’ve never made in the past. No crash, no problems.
    2) Copied a waypoint from an older route into my route list and dragged/dropped it into the route window without any problems.
    3) Repeated step 2 above with another copied waypoint. As soon as I dragged/dropped it into the route window, immediate crash.

At this point, it’s obvious that all the named waypoints from Basecamp 32 bit is conflicting with Basecamp 64 bit. With this being said, if you leave all the older routes intact without adding a new waypoint, you’re good to go. I was able to insert route points without any issues.

Test 3:
    1) Created another new route with eight waypoints that I’ve never made in the past.
    2) Copied a couple waypoints from the older routes adding them to this new route list.
    3) Renamed the two older route waypoints as follows;
    a) Toledo, OH to Toledo.
    b) Lexington, KY to Lexington
    4) Dragged/dropped Toledo, no problem
    5) Dragged/dropped Lexington. Basecamp crashes

Test 4:
    Repeated Test 3 but this time, I deleted Toledo and Lexington from my collection.
    1) Created two new waypoints naming them Toledo, Ohio and Lexington, Kentucky
    2) Dragged/dropped Toledo, Ohio to the route with eight waypoints with no problem.
    3) Dragged/dropped Lexington, Kentucky. Basecamp crashes

Now, I’m thinking that their must be something like cookies left in the background picking up the word Toledo and Lexington. At this point, I’m about to delete all my previous old route collections and then start from scratch. Thanks, Ray

Ray Sherman, Apr 24, 2019
  4. Ray Sherman

Ray Sherman

I went ahead and dumped everything related to Garmin off my MacBook Pro. I then reloaded and all seems to be working at this time. Thanks again for all your help. Ray

Ray Sherman, Apr 25, 2019
Ask a Question