BC-35 and 2021 Chevy?

Discussion in 'Garmin GPS' started by HankB, Oct 1, 2021.

1. HankB

HankB

I've just ordered the RV 1090 GPS unit. My tow vehicle is a 2021 Chevy which uses "Pulse Width Modulation" on the power feeds to the towed vehicle. This prevented the Furrion cameras that I purchased with the RV from working at all.

I'm considering the BC-35 camera to go with the Garmin unit. Does anyone have experience or knowledge in this area? TIA.

HankB, Oct 1, 2021
  2. HankB

Nuvi-Nebie Moderator

Garmin says that the BC-35 is the only camera that is compatible with the RV1090 so it will work in normal circumstances, I am not sure why the Furrion camera + Furrion video monitor does not work on your 2021 Chevy though, are you saying that a Pulse Width Modulation power system is either making the power supply rails to the Furrion camera unsable or is creating radio frequency interference that is blocking the radio link between camera and monitor ?

Without knowing what is preventing the Furrion camera system from working it isn't possible to say whether the RV1090 + BC-35 would also fail

Nuvi-Nebie, Oct 1, 2021
  3. HankB

HankB

The issue with the Furrion is definitely with the power supply. When I picked the RV up the delivery tech demonstrated that the camera/monitor system works perfectly when the RV is connected to an external 12 volt power source, but fails to connect to any cameras when powered by the truck 7-pin trailer connector.

HankB, Oct 1, 2021
  4. HankB

Nuvi-Nebie Moderator

I am not familiar with the 7 pin trailer connector, but if there is no 12 Volts DC contiuous (un-pulsed) supply then I would say that the BC-35 won't work either, I'm guessing that it is only intended to supply lighting to the trailer and not for electronic equipment

I found some info. for a similar problem here :-

Nuvi-Nebie, Oct 2, 2021
Ask a Question