Best brand micro SD card for 760LMT-D

Discussion in 'Garmin GPS' started by Bulletguy, Apr 16, 2017.

1. Bulletguy

Bulletguy

Hi.....i'm currently running an unbranded 8gb class 10 micro sd card in my Garmin Camper 760LMT-D and wondered if this is sufficient size? It seems a bit slow and wondered if i'd best invest in a quality branded make? What brand make do other users suggest and also is 8gb adequate or should i install a 16gb card?

Bulletguy, Apr 16, 2017
  2. Bulletguy

Nuvi-Nebie Moderator

It is very unlikely you will see any benefit in replacing your microSD card, high speed versions are required for tasks like recording high definition video, reading stored maps does not require this speed. If the unit appears to be 'slow' it will be down to the CPU power or the card reader interface, nether if which you can fix by replacing the microSD

As for card size, you would be able to store multiple maps on 8GB so again there would be no point in doubling the capacity, i'm guessing the maps you require currently fit on the existing card

Nuvi-Nebie, Apr 16, 2017
  3. Bulletguy

Bulletguy

Nuvi.....yes they do fit and i assume any updates simply overwrite the existing files....or does the card need a clean format? There is 3.75gb spare on card but is asking for a complete install of mapping at the moment.

Bulletguy, Apr 16, 2017
  4. Bulletguy

Nuvi-Nebie Moderator

It will overwrite, it will also inform you if there is insufficient space before starting the download

Nuvi-Nebie, Apr 16, 2017
  5. Bulletguy

Bulletguy

Thanks for that Nuvi......will stick with this card, load updates give it a go and see how it reads on my next trip.

Bulletguy, Apr 17, 2017
  6. Bulletguy

Bulletguy

Just tried this card and it's loaded the updates on but not enough room for full Europe mapping. According to Garmin site they say the 760 Camper will take a max card of 32gb. Is 16gb enough or am i better off getting a 32gb?

Bulletguy, Apr 17, 2017
Ask a Question