Best GPS For NON Paved Roads

Discussion in 'General GPS Discussion' started by WoR473, Feb 21, 2011.

1. WoR473

WoR473

Hello, i currently have a Garmin Nuvi 1300 and i really like it, the level of detail when zoomed in is great, it has every little dirt/gravel road I've come across and even shows entrances to fields as roads sometimes lol... The only problem is that i want to be able to be in 2d mode and zoomed out but still be able to see the roads. When i zoom out so far all the non-paved roads dissapear and i need them to stay but it doesn't seem possible with this model. Is there a GPS that is better suited to gravel road driving?

Also i would like it to be able to calculate a route that takes as many non-paved roads as possible. This garmin has a avoid "highway" option but it still takes me down the highways, and also has an "off-road" navigation option but that just makes a straight line from where i am to where i'm going. I need to get from A to B while avoiding the pavement, and still be able to see the non-paved roads no matter how far i'm zoomed. Want to be able to not have auto-zoom when in 2d view, and if possible not 3d view either, but having the option available would be nice.

WoR473, Feb 21, 2011
Ask a Question