BMW Navigator VI MP3 Issue

Discussion in 'Garmin GPS' started by qdllc, Aug 19, 2019.

1. qdllc

qdllc

This odd bit is driving me batty. I added some MP3 filed to the Garmin. Two of which are not seen by the GPS even though they clearly are there in the directory (can even play them off the unit via Windows).

I've edited the tag files in case the entries were too long. I've erased call MP3s off the device (copied to PC first) and am bulk-copying them back to the memory card. It worked before this, but I can't see why these two tracks are not seen by the GPS software.

Also, I tried editing the playlist file to add the tracks manually, but now the GPS doesn't even see that particular playlist.

Any insights?

qdllc, Aug 19, 2019
    1. Advertisements

2. qdllc

Nuvi-Nebie Moderator

MP3 files can vary in lot of different ways, e.g. bit rate, layer 2 vs layer 3, cbr vs vbr etc., all these types will usually play on a computer but may not play on the Garmin, I would compare the details of a working and non working MP3 file using a program such as :-
    http://mediaarea.net/en/MediaInfo

you will get a table like this :-

MediaInfo.jpg

Nuvi-Nebie, Aug 20, 2019
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question