Buying Maps Overseas (Language question)

Discussion in 'Garmin GPS' started by Blackie101, Jun 14, 2017.

1. Blackie101

Blackie101

Hi guys and ladies,

I bought my nüvi® 2597LM when I was living in the UAE, however, now I live in Norway. I want to buy the European maps as we are going on a driving trip into Europe. However, I have just created my Garmin account and because I am in Norway, the whole ordering page is in Norwegian. This is fine, but... I worry that the maps may all come in Norwegian as well.

So, I wonder, can anyone tell me, if I buy them through download, will I be able to change the language of the maps to English?

Regards, thanks for your help and time!

Blackie101, Jun 14, 2017
  2. Blackie101

Nuvi-Nebie Moderator

I have a Nuvi with lifetime downloadable 'CN Europe NTU' maps, I can't say if you will get the same map, but this version can use the 40 or so options for Language Text, Voice and Keyboard built into the Nuvi, it has Norsk (Norsk-Stine) options as well as UK/US English etc.

I think it is very unlikely that you will be supplied with a map version that won't allow the Nuvi to use the options detailed above

Nuvi-Nebie, Jun 17, 2017
Ask a Question