Camper 760LM - GPI data file help needed

Discussion in 'Garmin GPS' started by Davemyers, Aug 16, 2019.

1. Davemyers

Davemyers

I have a Garmin Camper 760LM which has a couple of presets added to it that show camping info for ACSI and MHF forums.

This data is not updated by Garmin from the date the unit was made, MHF especially is extremely old info. I see that new versions 770 and 780 now have CamperContact info available on them. I know I am able to download the CC info direct as a CSV file and then incorporate it into the 760 by using the POI loader method, and have done so successfully.

What I have done is removed the MHF info from the unit by removing the GMA, UNL and GPI data from the POI file.

What I’d like to do is create a GPI file from the CC CSV and insert it to create my own dedicated button. Has anybody done this?

Is it possible to convert a CSV file to GPI? Also is it possible to convert the MHF GPI file back to CSV so I can see what info Garmin are actually using?

Davemyers, Aug 16, 2019
  2. Davemyers

Nuvi-Nebie Moderator

Nuvi-Nebie, Aug 17, 2019
Ask a Question