Can´t delete Internal Memory items in Basecamp

Discussion in 'Garmin GPS' started by johnash, Aug 7, 2017.

1. johnash

johnash

I have got a bit lost again with my Drivesmart 51 and Basecamp.

I'm trying to keep my favourites organised as I add to them and copying them from Basecamp to the Memory Card 'User Data' folder. I'm making use of the 'Categories' tab so they appear within "folders" on the device.

Many of the waypoints are getting duplicated on the device's internal memory and I am unable to delete them from Basecamp. When I delete on the device, I have no idea which one I'm deleting. Looking for more guidance here please!

johnash, Aug 7, 2017
  2. johnash

Nuvi-Nebie Moderator

Basecamp has, (in my opinion), an annoying feature which it's predecessor Mapsource diddn't have - it's database. Mapsource was basically 'empty', when you entered it, you would open a file, edit it and save the edited file, if you downloaded a file from a Garmin unit, edited it and sent the file back to the unit, that was the end of the process.

Basecamp has a database of what it thinks should be on your unit and although this is sometimes useful, it can also be annoying, I quite often disconnect all Garmin units from the computer, startup Basecamp and delete all items in it's database, (this will not delete any exported files that are resident on your computer), highlight and delete all routes, tracks and waypounts from the lefthand column so that Basecamp is 'clean', then plug in your Garmin unit and Bascamp will display a 'true' picture of what is on your unit

Nuvi-Nebie, Aug 8, 2017
  3. johnash

johnash

OK thanks, I'll give that a go.

johnash, Aug 8, 2017
Ask a Question