Can’t locate gpx file in my XT!!

Discussion in 'Garmin GPS' started by Cdestuck, Jun 3, 2021.

1. Cdestuck

Cdestuck

I was emailed several gpx files for a upcoming trip. Going nuts trying to figure this out. I hooked gps up to computer and was able to copy and paste the file into the gpx folder in the gps. I can see it’s there by going to computer, Zumo, internal drive, gpx folder. But when I remove the gps from the computer, I can’t find the gpx map in the gps. I go to "apps”, trip finder, import, all kind of ways and it just says. No files to import. Now last week I tried it and was able to complete this and could see the map on my gps but deleted it to put them all back in together. Sure wish I had a good teacher here to school me. Anyone here have any simple ideas I could try. Tks.

Cdestuck, Jun 3, 2021
  2. Cdestuck

Nuvi-Nebie Moderator

The first thing to note is that a GPX file can contain a lot of different items, It can store one or more Routes, one or more Tracks, one or more Waypoints etc. and all of that lot in one file, so you need to know whether you are dealing with Routes or Tracks, They are different, (Some Garmins only use Tracks, others use both) and you display them on your Garmin by going to different Menus.

Garmin sometimes refers to a 'Trip', this the same as a Route they are saved in the Trip (or Route) Planner e.g for Zumo XT . Main menu >> Apps. >> Trip Planner >> Saved Trips

On The Zumo XT Tracks are recoded with Main menu >> Track >> Start, but are saved as Trips (e.g. converted to Routes), using Main menu >> Apps. >> Trackback >> Save as Trip

I think the Best way for you to put the GPX files you have been sent onto your Zumo XT would be to install Garmin Basecamp onto a computer and from Basecamp select My Collection >> File >> Import to My Collection >> Select the GPX files, This will display what is inside the GPX file(s) and show you whether they are Routes or Tracks, you can then send them to the Zumo connected to the same computer with :- select My Collection >> [Right click] Send To ... >> Zumo Internal storage

Nuvi-Nebie, Jun 4, 2021
  3. Cdestuck

Cdestuck

I will try your base camp instructions this evening. I did download it however I didn’t know what to do with it once I had it downloaded.

Cdestuck, Jun 4, 2021
Ask a Question