Can't add name since last update

Discussion in 'Garmin GPS' started by Mr Ed, Apr 20, 2022.

1. Mr Ed

Mr Ed

Hello, all . First post here. Hope you can help. I have a Garmin GPS device that is a few years old (don't remember actual age). After entering an address I used to be able to tap the "i" (information symbol) in order to enter the name of the place where I wanted to go and save it. All of a sudden I can't do that any more; perhaps a result of the latest update (?) . Any ideas why this is happening? If it can't be fixed, is there any way to undo the last update, like you can do on a computer? I appreciate any assistance you can provide. Thanks in advance....Mr. Ed

Mr Ed, Apr 20, 2022
  2. Mr Ed

Nuvi-Nebie Moderator

More info. would help, like the model of the Garmin device, also what the unit was upgraded from and to, was it a map upgrade or a software upgrade ?, what you can save on the unit is sometimes determined by the information contained in the map, so changing the current map can change features

Garmin don't make any provision for reverting back to older versions of software or maps, so it may be difficult to do this

Nuvi-Nebie, Apr 21, 2022
  3. Mr Ed

Mr Ed

Thanks for the reply, Nuvi-Nebie. I believe my Garmin is model 5;don't have more info at moment. The last update wasn't initiated by me, but appeared on its own, if that means anything. I haven't changed the map; I assume it's the same that has been there for years. Fortunately, I can use my Android phone and other Android devices for navigation, but much prefer my trusty Garmin for the task I can still use it, but have to store locations under addresses only, no names; sort of inconvenient. Thanks for your help, though. :)
    Mr. Ed

Mr Ed, Apr 22, 2022
Ask a Question