Can't add route to Nuvi 2595

Discussion in 'Garmin GPS' started by John Arnold, Mar 29, 2017.

1. John Arnold

John Arnold

After finding from a previously started thread to use BASECAMP to transfer multiple routes to my Garmin, which worked well, I now have a problem with an error generated whenever I try to transfer multiple routes to my Garmin using BaseCamp.
    I am getting "(route name) already exists" whenever I try to transfer a route.
    Firstly some history.
    I created a number of routes successfully and transferred them to my Garmin.
    I then made some changes (added some extra waypoints along each route) and so decided to DELETE all previously transferred routes from the Garmin by selecting each then tapping the = icon top left of screen and selecting DELETE.
    I then confirmed that there are NO EXISTING ROUTES in my Garmin by tapping on the APPS then TRIP PLANNER icons and noted that there are no saved trips.
    I also renamed all the saved routes displayed in BaseCamp and removed any routes left over.
    Now when I select a route and attempt to transfer it to my Garmin device I get the following -
    App: BaseCamp
    At: 29/03/2017 12:51:18 PM (UTC10)
    Processor: x86, Processor Level: 6, Processors:4, Model: 60 Stepping: 3, RAM: 8332296
    GDB_DATABASE.CPP-4305-4.6.2.0
    Route: 1 ALAMO CAR RENTAL DROP OFF to 3 BARSTOW - BEST WESTERN PLUS DESERT VILLA INN already exists.

Any ideas why BaseCamp thinks that this route already exists when TRIP PLANNER (on the Garmin device) shows nothing?

John Arnold, Mar 29, 2017
  2. John Arnold

Nuvi-Nebie Moderator

I don't think Basecamp is saying there is a duplicate route on the Nuvi, I think it is saying there is a duplicate route on Basecamp, unlike the earlier Mapsource, Basecamp is very keen on retaining a 'Collection' of routes, tracks, waypoints etc.

I have just renamed two routes on my Nuvi to 'Fred' and it doesn't seem to mind having two routes with the same name so it must be a problem within Basecamp, Also there may be a problem with file name length, I have seen badly designed file checking systems that see "12345678901" and "12345678902" as the same because they only check the first 10 characters which in this case are the same

Nuvi-Nebie, Mar 29, 2017
  3. John Arnold

John Arnold

Thanks for the reply and thoughts.
    I will check that out (BaseCamp retaining names).
    I am thinking that if perhaps I delete/remove all the routes/waypoints in the left 'panel' and load the GDB files I created using Mapsource that will fix it. I will try later.
    One thing I have noticed is that if I start BaseCamp with an existing GDB file (eg right click on a GDB file and select Open With it adds it again to the LIBRARY 'My Collection' which annoys me - it probably has a good function which I do not know yet.
    Maybe when I want to transfer a route to my Nuvi I should be selecting the route to transfer from the MY COLLECTIONS from the bottom right panel instead of from the LIBRARY MY COLLECTIONS (top left panel) or shouldn't that matter?

I did discover though after posting the thread that if I transfer the routes to the micro SD card which is installed in my Nuvi (instead of transferring them to the Nuvi) that I don't get the error. I find that strange.

Last edited: Mar 30, 2017
    John Arnold, Mar 29, 2017
  4. John Arnold

John Arnold

I should also have pointed out that when I transfer routes to my Nuvi I select the route I want and then select DEVICE then SEND TO DEVICE whereas the video help shows right clicking on a route and then select SEND TO. I would have thought that they are the same but maybe not.

John Arnold, Mar 30, 2017
Ask a Question