Cant create contact on a Rino 750

Discussion in 'Garmin GPS' started by Matt Rushmore, Jan 1, 2017.

1. Matt Rushmore

Matt Rushmore

A buddy and I just each got a Rino 750. Per the manual pressing the ptt or the signal button should bring up a new contact page on the other person's 750. This is not happening.. Since peer to peer is supposed to be on by default, and I cant find anything at all anywhere on line or in the manual to help, I'm hoping someone on here can provide a suggestion.

Matt Rushmore, Jan 1, 2017
  2. Matt Rushmore

Ian007

Hi Matt
    I just got the Rino 750 as well. I already have two Rino 650 that will now be for my twins. My 750 has sent its contact details to the 650 but I can't add contacts to my 750 from both of the 650 units!

Ian007, May 14, 2017
  3. Matt Rushmore

caveman

Hi Matt and Ian!
    I just got the Rino 750 as well.... My brother has the Rino 650 and connecting these two devices to be able to see each other's location is pretty much the only reason I got mine. So I was bummed when I couldn't get them both to connect! But I figured it out! If you haven't already or for other user's that find this before the answer; here's what the issue was:

For me - I was able to have the 650 connect to the 750 but not vise versa (contact was on 750 but not 650, opposite of Ian's problem). So after differ around on this support page:

https://support.garmin.com/faqSearch/en-US/faq/content/f0Vd692WL20AgZsCepuQ58

On the Rino 750 (or whatever device won't connect on another), I went to Settings>Radio>Send Location "On"
    and viola! It should work.

Cheers-
    Caveman

caveman, Jul 23, 2017
Ask a Question