Can't get my Drive 6 and Drive 61 to use BC routes correctly

Discussion in 'Garmin GPS' started by Phil Murray, Jun 6, 2018.

1. Phil Murray

Phil Murray

I have all the latest updates to both Basecamp and my Drive 6 and Drive 61.

I have several routes made up using Basecamp. I transfer them to the Drive 6 and 61, with everything looking good. But when I try to use a route in either device the first route works as planned. But when I try to use different route, it uses the first route again.

No matter which route I choose it uses the first route. The first route originated "at home".

Any Ideas?

Phil Murray, Jun 6, 2018
  2. Phil Murray

Phil Murray

A little more information
    It doesn't matter what routes I "send to" the Drive 6 & 61 it will always start navigation from my current location.

The device will preview the correct route. But will start navigation from my current location, no matter what route is choosen.

Thanks for any help!

Phil Murray, Jun 6, 2018
  3. Phil Murray

Nuvi-Nebie Moderator

You have to start from your current location, if the start of the Route you want to take is 100 miles away how are you going to get there?, the Satnav is trying to get you to the start of the Route

Also, if you want to follow two routes, one after the other, you need to STOP the first route before starting the second one e.g. :-

stop.jpg

Nuvi-Nebie, Jun 7, 2018
  4. Phil Murray

Phil Murray

I understand the first part of your post, but not sure what you mean by having to stop the first route before beginning another route.

I thought once a route was traveled to the end, the device would stop navigating till you choose another route to follow???

Phil Murray, Jun 7, 2018
  5. Phil Murray

Nuvi-Nebie Moderator

The Route may automatically cancel when you get to the destination, I was just thinking that if the new Route was followed on from the old one, you may try to select it before you reach the end, maybe it would be clearer to say, check the previous Route navigation has been stopped before attempting to select a new one

Nuvi-Nebie, Jun 7, 2018
Ask a Question