car GPS crashes at a specific location - ???

Discussion in 'General GPS Discussion' started by Tiny_GPS, Jan 25, 2016.

1. Tiny_GPS

Tiny_GPS

I have a Chinese double-din car radio system that uses a WINCE 6.0 system and runs GPS IGO s/w. Everything runs fine with the GPS map displayed tracking my position - until I reach a certain location where the receiver just crashes. It's repeatable and always at the same location. The only thing I can figure is there may be a strong RF signal at the GPS frequency that is swamping the receiver. The AM/FM radio and other functions keep working normally. It's more of a curiosity than a real problem. Has anyone else seen this happen?

Tiny_GPS, Jan 25, 2016
  2. Tiny_GPS

Nuvi-Nebie Moderator

I have seen this problem happen when using non original maps that contain an error, when entering a certain area of the map has caused a satnav to turn off, it should be possible to test this by getting the satnav to carry out a simulated journey to this area on the map, without physically going to it

Nuvi-Nebie, May 11, 2016
  3. Tiny_GPS

MunozOak2158

Previously my car's GPS navigation system also encountered the similar problem. For once it crashes. And at some other times it just got stuck. Really want to know if there is a effective way to get this solved.

MunozOak2158, Feb 22, 2017
Ask a Question