Charging gpsmap 66s from car

Discussion in 'Garmin GPS' started by astronut80920, Jun 7, 2021.

1. astronut80920

astronut80920

I want to be able to charge my 66s gps from my car while driving. Assuming I am using the Garmin battery pack or another way to enable the charging micro switch in the battery space, can I just plug in the 66s using a USB cigarette adapter/USB cable into the car dashboard to charge the 66s?

Thanks,
    Jim L

astronut80920, Jun 7, 2021
  2. astronut80920

Nuvi-Nebie Moderator

Yes, the USB connector on the 66s can take power from any 5Volt source, whether that is a home (mains) 110 - 240 AC to 5 Volt adapter, a 5 Volt to 5 Volt (straight) USB cable or an in car 12 - 24 Volt to 5 Volt USB adapter, you should see the 'charging' display on the 66s when connected

Note :- The cigarette adapter only supplys power so the 66s should be able to continue navigating as well as charging, however if a USB connector that is built into your car is used, then the 66s may detect the car's computer and go into a file transfer mode as it does when connected to a home computer

Nuvi-Nebie, Jun 8, 2021
Ask a Question