Colorado 300 And It's Software. (The Atrocious Topo)

Discussion in 'Garmin GPS' started by Steve W, Jan 28, 2018.

1. Steve W

Steve W

Hi all.
    I have a Colorado 300 which unfortunately uses the Topo Great Britain software.

I have just re-installed a rather old version of Topo (version 2.00) on a new PC and realise I need an unlock code which I no longer have noted down.
    I have followed the instructions on the installation on how to obtain a new code but the link URL is no longer recognised, the Garmin site is no help as it say's any version of Topo prior to 5 doesn't need a code when quite clearly my version 2 does.
    I have e-mailed Garmin to see if they can provide a solution.
    I thought I had seen somewhere that Topo was now a defunct product in which case if I am unable to proceed any further with this does anyone know if I can use any other software with the Colorado 300, preferably something that is better than that atrocious Topo ?

Thanks, Steve

Steve W, Jan 28, 2018
  2. Steve W

Nuvi-Nebie Moderator

Have a look at what OpenStreetMap has to offer, if they have the detail you want you can download (free of charge), a version that can be installed on Garmin devices

Nuvi-Nebie, Jan 29, 2018
Ask a Question