Continuous GPS transmitter

Discussion in 'General GPS Discussion' started by damando, Aug 20, 2012.

1. damando

damando

I am doing some research in some isolated areas of some country. I would like to know if there is such a gps device that I can wear "say around my neck" on a chain that could transmit Continuously for a week (min) or a month (max). Before it needs recharging ? I will already have the "SPOT" activated and be using solar for charging my laptop and some test equipment that I will bring along. I will either be using local help for carting supplies or mules. There will be one other person with me at all times. Any ideas would be great. Thankx in advance !

damando, Aug 20, 2012
  2. damando

Sammy

Yes there are many GPS devices available in the market that can be used in the form of a chain or watch or bracelet. But i am not sure how many days it could remain active without recharging it.

Sammy, Oct 3, 2012
  3. damando

rrogers25

No, there are not any options in that small of a capacity that are reliable. If you can increase your measurements to say maybe hourly, then you may have some luck in the SmartONE Satellite tracker. It can last a long time.

rrogers25, Oct 7, 2012
Ask a Question