Course Points on Garmin 530

Discussion in 'Garmin GPS' started by Sarawak, Jun 17, 2022.

1. Sarawak

Sarawak

If I create a route on my phone using Ride with GPS and trasfer it via Garmin IQ to my 530, the cue sheet is also transferred and appears as course points. Bit of a PIA because the directions usually appear after the junction has been passed.
    On my PC I have the option to delete the cue sheet but there is no such option on the app.
    I don't use this feature, but the only way is to go to each individual route and delesect the course points option.

Is there somewhere that course points can be switched off as a default position?

Last edited: Jun 17, 2022
    Sarawak, Jun 17, 2022
    1. Advertisements

2. Sarawak

Nuvi-Nebie Moderator

Is it possible to delete the cue sheet in 'Ride with GPS' before exporting the Route file ?

Some notes Click HERE, suggest you may be able to turn guidance off EG.:-

Nuvi-Nebie, Jun 18, 2022
    1. Advertisements

3. Sarawak

Sarawak

Thanks. You can turn the Cue sheet off if you use the browser, but cannot turn it off if you create a route on the app. I've had confirmation of that from RWGPS.

I know I can turn it off after export, but that's just a pfaff to do every time. I'm trying to find a way to set up my 530 to obviate the need to do that.

Sarawak, Jun 18, 2022
  4. Sarawak

Nuvi-Nebie Moderator

In that case I would not use 'Ride with GPS' at all you could create the Route using a program such as Garmin Basecamp, this will create and download a GPX containing the Route directly to your Edge 530

There are plenty of smartphone Apps. that will record a straightforward Track and save it as a GPX file that can either installed directly to the Edge 530 or edited / converted in Basecamp to a Route that will use any maps on the Edge 530

Nuvi-Nebie, Jun 18, 2022
  5. Sarawak

Sarawak

But Garmin Basecamp doesn't work with Edge models.
    Somewhere on here is a thread about this, and a message from Garmin saying that Basecamp is principally designed for outdoor/mountain models such as e-Trex.
    Before I found the thread I tried that route, and Basecamp wouldn't recognise my 530.

Sarawak, Jun 18, 2022
  6. Sarawak

Nuvi-Nebie Moderator

I understand Edge models will import GPX files placed in \Garmin\New Files, so it should be possible to use an exported GPX Track saved file from Garmin Basecamp or directly from a saved GPX file generated by say OSMAnd running on a smartphone

Nuvi-Nebie, Jun 18, 2022
  7. Sarawak

Sarawak

Indeed, but that is just as much pfaffing around as going into the menu and scrolling through all the screens.
    The problem only arises with routes created on the app so a simple workaround is to use the PC and delete the Cue Card before save/export.
    Transfer via Garmin IQ is immediate whichever method I use and it is arguably easier to create a route on PC because of the bigger map size on a full size screen.
    I would just like the option if I should create a route away from home.

Sarawak, Jun 18, 2022
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question