Creating a path

Discussion in 'General GPS Discussion' started by Bluechipx, Nov 4, 2023.

1. Bluechipx

Bluechipx

I lost a one of a kind racing propellor in a river 7 feet deep. I have an underwater camera and I know within two hundred yards of where it is. Instead of wandering the area I want a gps that shows where I have been with a line so I can drive a straight line then follow closely next to it on the next path. I had a fishing gps 15-20 years ago that had this feature but it got a quick saltwater bath and died. Thanks in advance!

Bluechipx, Nov 4, 2023
  2. Bluechipx

Nuvi-Nebie Moderator

Almost any GPS will create a Track that can be displayed on-screen so a grid can be followed, however I am guessing a waterproof GPS might be more suitable so I would suggest Garmin GPSMAP 78, 79, 86, they are waterproof and they float

Nuvi-Nebie, Nov 5, 2023
  3. Bluechipx

Bluechipx

Nuvi, thanks for the information
    , I have two Garmin etrex models and I guess I didn't look hard enough at the features. After reading the manual and trying it they both have the tracking feature. It would be nice to have a larger screen but the ones I have are way better than guessing, so again, thanks, you just saved me a couple of hundred bucks!

Bluechipx, Nov 5, 2023
Ask a Question