Danger - Possible Rant! Nuvi 265T

Discussion in 'Garmin GPS' started by arkay, May 26, 2010.

1. arkay

arkay

Hey all, I recently received a Nuvi 265T for a gift to replace my Magellin 800. I have to say I really like the Nuvi, the touch screen is awesome, it picks up satallite super fast, traffic is neat, has some nice options, etc. Overall its a better unit than my 6 year old Magellin but there are 3 things that are just bugging the crap out of me. If there is anyway to change them please let me know.

All of these refer to the main map screen when following a plotted direction coarse.
    1. This is my biggest complaint. A little before a turn the unit inserts a large white arrow over the pinkish path. The problem is that it is so large that in many instances it covers not only the turn but other nearby turns. This means I cant see on the map where I need to go. Is there anyway to remove or shrink the arrow? I'd imagine if the map autozoomed it may fit better too but as it works now it is horrible. Any suggestions are welcome.

2. Second biggest pet peave about the unit is the display of arrival time. In my opinion this is just stupid. There are so many factors that affect arrival time such as traffic, lights, stops, etc it just doesnt make sense to put that on the main page. Why not put a constant like miles to go? Miles to go is accurate always, estimated arrival time is never even close from when the trip started. Any way to change what is displayed on that main page?

3. Last is more of a comment but why put MPH on the main display? I mean this unit is meant for a car and last I checked most cars have a spedometer. Seems like a waste of good real estate where something more useful could be put, like miles to destination... I can see it being on a secondary page with the stats but the main page?

So there's my Rant, let the blasting begin ;) but more I mean this not to Rant because I really do like the unit, but more to a) see if there is a way to modify these 3 things, b) if not see if anyone else agrees, and c) somehow hope Garmin sees it and comes to their senses and changes it with the next software update ;)

~Thanks

arkay, May 26, 2010
Ask a Question