Deleting routes on Garmin GSPmap 1040xs??

Discussion in 'Garmin GPS' started by frozebubba, Jun 18, 2022.

1. frozebubba

frozebubba

Hello, A friends 1040xs marine plotter has lots of what appear to be routes (dark magenta center, light magenta ghosting) that are really cluttering up the screen and obscuring underlying depth and hazard details. We have tried to delete the routes using instructions in the manual, but the routes do no show up in a list so we can't tag and delete them. In fact, the device says there are no saved routes. The 1040xs is on a boat out of Valdez in Prince William Sound and many of the tracks run overland and if you zoom out enough they appear to be headed ENE, perhaps toward Garmin headquarters on the east coast??? I seem to remember having a similar problem with my GPXmap 60CSX handheld some years back but can't find my notes on the resolution. Has anyone been able to solve a problem like this? We would appreciate any help. Thanks!

frozebubba, Jun 18, 2022
  2. frozebubba

Nuvi-Nebie Moderator

As the device says there are no saved Routes there are a couple of other suggestions, the lines might be Tracks or Navigation lines, NOTE before you delete anything (Tracks etc.) Backup any data you want to kerp

Showing / Deleting Tracks Page 14
    Stop Navigation Page 15

Nuvi-Nebie, Jun 19, 2022
Ask a Question