Drive 50 LMT +nuvi 2557 LMT off by miles

Discussion in 'Garmin GPS' started by flyboyy, Mar 27, 2023.

1. flyboyy

flyboyy

Hi both GPS units are off by miles. I seem to be driving through the woods. I have installed the latest updates but not the updates to time zones and things that are not in the country of Canada. One was OK till the last update, but now they are both way out to lunch.

Is there a way to fix that?
    TIA!

flyboyy, Mar 27, 2023
  2. flyboyy

Nuvi-Nebie Moderator

I would try out both units at home outside (not in a vehicle) , in an area where they can 'see' the sky with no trees/ buildings etc. blocking satellite signals, if they get an accurate fix on where they are you are in a good place to start from, some car front windshields block satellite signals as do trees, buildings etc.

Nuvi-Nebie, Mar 27, 2023
  3. flyboyy

flyboyy

I will try that but that doesn't make sense because I drive by the exact same trees and cars as I was driving by when it worked perfectly.

flyboyy, Mar 27, 2023
  4. flyboyy

Nuvi-Nebie Moderator

Installing new maps should not have this effect, I would suggest a factory reset, this will erase all user data so you need to backup all favorites, routes etc. before proceeding, with the unit off touch and hold the bottom right hand corner of the display, while still touching the screen turn the unit on, you should see a screen saying 'Are you sure you want to erase all user data' answer Yes

Nuvi-Nebie, Apr 1, 2023
    flyboyy likes this.
  5. flyboyy

flyboyy

Thanks. I did it and will check out tomorrow.

flyboyy, Apr 2, 2023
  6. flyboyy

flyboyy

I finally figured out the issue. When I uploaded new data it switched my location to the US. So no Canadian info was there.

flyboyy, May 18, 2023
Ask a Question