Drivesmart 50 - manually loading maps

Discussion in 'Garmin GPS' started by Adrian, Jun 28, 2018.

1. Adrian

Adrian

Hello,

My Garmin sat nav appears to have lost its European mapping. So I'm now stuck in the middle of France without a working nav, and I don't know France that well. Actually that's not entirely true, it's still got Finland, just not France or Italy.

Conveniently I have my laptop with me, and that's got the 2018.30 map update on it. Is there a way to get this update onto the device? Garmin Express wants to download an entire new map, which isn't going to happen over this snail pace hotel WiFi, not before I have to leave that is!

Any suggestions gratefully received, or it'll be paper map balanced on steering wheel, like the old days!

Adrian, Jun 28, 2018
  2. Adrian

Nuvi-Nebie Moderator

You can install maps to your satnav using Garmin Basecamp, once Basecamp can 'see' 2018.30. goto Maps >> Install Maps

Nuvi-Nebie, Jun 29, 2018
  3. Adrian

Adrian

Thanks. Basecamp says "no unlocked maps were found for this device". I guess that means the maps express downloaded aren't compatible.

Adrian, Jun 29, 2018
  4. Adrian

Adrian

What Basecamp does say is that it thinks that the satnav has already got "City Navigator Europe 2018.3" on it. So maybe I just need to coax the Satnav into finding it.

Adrian, Jun 29, 2018
  5. Adrian

Nuvi-Nebie Moderator

Basecamp may be seeing a corrupted (unusable) version of 2018.3 on the satnav, you may have to delete 2018.3 from the satnav (or move it to your laptop) and then download a new version from Basecamp

Nuvi-Nebie, Jun 29, 2018
Ask a Question