DriveSmart 61 - NO Map Detail & NO POIs

Discussion in 'Garmin GPS' started by Mitch Dugless, Oct 14, 2017.

1. Mitch Dugless

Mitch Dugless

I received my DriveSmart 61 a couple of days ago. I updated the maps and software (I live in very countrified DSL land - it took almost 8 hours! ) Anyway, there is absolutely no detail, no matter how far I zoom in. I search for "restaurants" in Paris TN and get "NO MATCHES FOUND". What in the world am I doing wrong? I have loved, and loved some more, my 2 previous Nuvis. I thought learning this one would be a snap.

Thanks for any help you can offer...

Mitch Dugless, Oct 14, 2017
  2. Mitch Dugless

Nuvi-Nebie Moderator

What is the title of the map you are using?, some maps are 'street level' and have POIs for restaurants etc. and other maps (like the World map), have only main roads and no POIs. If you zoom in on say an area of Paris TN do you get side roads or just main roads?

Nuvi-Nebie, Oct 14, 2017
  3. Mitch Dugless

Mitch Dugless

OP HERE. I just (almost 8 hours) re-downloaded the maps file. All "seems" to be working correctly. I'll check in the morning. My, these two days of being offline for this download - it's like IW - Internet Withdrawal!!! Thanks for your reply. I'll let you know tomorrow!

Mitch Dugless, Oct 15, 2017
  4. Mitch Dugless

Mitch Dugless

After an overnight download (thank you, Frontier "dsl"), I have fallen in love with this new GPS in the space of this Sunday morning! Thanks for your advice.

Mitch Dugless, Oct 15, 2017
Ask a Question