DriveSmart 61 Saved Trips Sort Order

Discussion in 'General GPS Discussion' started by Bernie_Kamerman, Mar 1, 2021.

1. Bernie_Kamerman

Motorcoach Driver Steve

It's always nice to have a helpful moderator on a forum. Thanks.

Motorcoach Driver Steve, Jan 25, 2022
  2. Bernie_Kamerman

Bernie_Kamerman

Steve, Thank You very much,
    I've messed with this since I started using SmartDrive 61's a few years ago.
    Your example was the breakthrough.
    Attached is an uncluttered Excel VBA procedure generated file:

Attached Files:

Bernie_Kamerman, Jan 26, 2022
  3. Bernie_Kamerman

Motorcoach Driver Steve

Glad I could help. This whole thing unfortunately really illustrates the degree to which the Garmin software people have their heads up their collective asses. First, I have no issue with making the primary sort of routes in Route Planner the departure date/time. But clearly if that does not exist, the secondary sort should certainly be alpha-numeric on the route name as it has been for years in certain devices like Zumos.

Then when I contacted support about this, the fact that they could not tell me how the routes were sorted, only that they were NOT sorted by route name, well the degree of ignorance about how their own products work just takes my breath away! That said, I have to say, so far I really like my new DriveSmart 66, especially since I've now figured out how to get the suction cup to stick securely to the windshield...

Motorcoach Driver Steve, Jan 27, 2022
Ask a Question