Drivesmart 65 and Traffic - is receiver embedded?

Discussion in 'Garmin GPS' started by SwannyBC, Dec 12, 2021.

1. SwannyBC

SwannyBC

Hi,
    been having a difficult time finding out which Garmin Drivesmart models have live traffic updates without having to use the phone app, Apparently, some models have a traffic receiver embedded in the device, while others require the purchase of a special traffic receiver/power cord. But damn if I can find out which model is which. I was going to buy the “Drivesmart 65 and Traffic”. Does it have a traffic receiver embedded in the device or in the power cable or just through the app on my phone? I’ve read through the sparse online manual but it didn’t provide any info on the traffic feature.

Appreciate any help.

SwannyBC, Dec 12, 2021
  2. SwannyBC

Nuvi-Nebie Moderator

It looks to me like "Live Traffic" is only available via a smartphone, the service that uses a radio receiver (usually buit into the power adapter) is called "Traffic via FM", here are some quotes

Garmin Traffic link Click HERE

This link, Click HERE, talks about embedded Traffic receivers that only require an antenna (aerial) that is built into the TA20 power adapter

Nuvi-Nebie, Dec 13, 2021
Ask a Question