Drivesmart 65 questions

Discussion in 'Garmin GPS' started by Hawkmoon, Mar 25, 2021.

1. Hawkmoon

Hawkmoon

Hey folks can you help?
    1. Sometimes I’m finding that when I create a route the live traffic (via GARMIN drive app) detects a road closure yet it still routes me to the closed road. I have auto rerouting enabled. It’s very weird- the road closure has been ongoing for weeks and sometimes when I start a route I get routed around it (great) other times it shows it is aware of the road closure but still routes me towards it (weird?). Anyone explain this behaviour?

2. Every time I shut down the unit it checks for updates but so far apart from the initial updates when I first got the unit 4 weeks ago, it’s never detected an update on shut down. Shouldn’t there be frequent traffic cam updates though? Or are those not updated as part of the check for updates process on unit shut down?

3. I find alerts for apps/news/texts etc linger a bit longer on screen than I’d like - can this be adjusted?

thanks so much!

Hawkmoon, Mar 25, 2021
  2. Hawkmoon

Nuvi-Nebie Moderator

1) If the 65 won't auto avoid the traffic problem you could try the manual alternative route option :-

2021-03-25_11.04.09.jpg

2) I think the 65 is searching for map updates rather than traffic info. updates, I would expect the unit to be checking for traffic update continuously

3) Apart from the Display sleep time while running from battery power, I don't know of any other display time-out options

Nuvi-Nebie, Mar 25, 2021
Ask a Question