DriveSmart 66 doesn't show content neither on Pc nor Mac

Discussion in 'Garmin GPS' started by jmk1100, Nov 9, 2022.

1. jmk1100

jmk1100

Hi Group.

I have been using various GPS devices since 2004. I always could access GPX files connecting the unit directly to the computer (I work on both Win and MacOS platforms).

I bought a new DriveSmart 66 unit from Garmin. It works great on the road, it updates well through the Wi-Fi. I have no complains about functionality and fast reaction.

However, I haven't succeeded to access the GPX file (or any files in the content of the device) from the computer.
    1. On Mac it connects to the Express and can be updated (by wire and wi-fi). But, the internal drive is not recognized and doesn't show. I was told that it's doable only from the Pc. OK.
    2. I have a Win10 machine - I connected the unit, and after updating the Intel USB drivers and the Garmin USB drivers (from 2015) it shows on the list of the devices, but when trying to review the files - the folder is empty. So, apparently it doesn't mount properly. I already changed the power management to the USB bus, so it's constantly on.
    But, it doesn't allow the Express to discover it.
    I even disconnected the Anti Virus software to make sure that the machine has a free access.

So, what would be the next step to access the GPX files in the unit - I like to see the history-rides on the the computer.

I would appreciate if anybody could help me this this seemingly unresolvable problem.
    Thanks
    Jack

jmk1100, Nov 9, 2022
  2. jmk1100

Nuvi-Nebie Moderator

It has been reported on a Microsoft website that the latest version of Garmin Express* will work with Windows 10 eg :-
    * Current Version of Garmin Express for Windows: v7.15.2 as of November 4th, 2022.

NOTE:- Windows 10 Home 21H2 OS : 19044.2130 allocates drive letters for Garmin Devices correctly

Nuvi-Nebie, Nov 10, 2022
  3. jmk1100

jmk1100

Thanks. I have installed the newest Express software. This is where I start troubleshooting.
    No change.
    (Newest Intel USB drivers, reinstalled the Garmin USB drivers - they are from 2015).

jmk1100, Nov 10, 2022
Ask a Question