Drivesmart 86 - “play message”

Discussion in 'Garmin GPS' started by DS86, Mar 16, 2022.

1. DS86

DS86

Has anyone been able to get a Drivesmart 86, or other similar model to read text messages, hands free, by saying “play message”?

I get my text messages to display on the 86, but I can’t get it to play the message without pressing the play button. The documentation says that you should be able to say “play message” to get it to read the message, but that doesn’t work. It worked fine on the drivesmart 61 I used to have. I opened a ticket with Garmin, but haven’t had much success. First they kept sending me screen prints from the manual, but that didn’t help. Now they seem to say that the manual is wrong, and that feature should be removed from the manual. That doesn’t make sense, why remove a hands free feature?

If I say, “ok Garmin, play message” it tries to find a location containing message. The manual says you should be able to just say “play message” while the message is displayed.

On a side note, I do not have Alexa configured.

DS86, Mar 16, 2022
Ask a Question