Dual constellation logger

Discussion in 'Other GPS Devices' started by karaya1, Sep 11, 2015.

1. karaya1

karaya1

Hello,

I used to have a GPS logger (Holux M-1000C), which I unfortunately lost last year. I want to purchase a new one, preferably again Holux for certain reasons. However, the new logger M-3000 doesn't seem to improve anything else than a Bluetooth v2.0 instead of v1.2?!?
    MediaTek released a chipset capable of GPS and GLONASS (and in weight, size and power consumption comparable to the previous ones) in 2013, I hoped that it would have already gone into a product... Is there please any logger that would take advantage of dual constellation? Or is anyone aware of any development in this area?

Thanks a lot.

Regards,
    K.

karaya1, Sep 11, 2015
  2. karaya1

Nuvi-Nebie Moderator

There are a few GPS modules that claim to use GPS, Glonass, Galileo, Beidou, etc. constellations of satellites, they include the Nav-Spark and the MTK3339 / MT3339, however I haven't seen these modules mentioned in an 'off the shelf' logger yet

Nuvi-Nebie, Sep 12, 2015
  3. karaya1

karaya1

Thank you for your post, although it only confirmed my concerns. I'll wait for a multi-GNSS logger probably.

karaya1, Sep 14, 2015
Ask a Question