Etrex 20 Back Button

Discussion in 'Garmin GPS' started by fcampo, Oct 12, 2017.

1. fcampo

fcampo

The back button on my brand new Etrex 20 is not working properly. When I'm in the map and I use the joystick to move to another part of the map then press the back button instead of taking me back to the menu (like it did last week when I tried it for the first time) it takes me to the blue triangle showing my position on the map. If I press the button a second time it takes me to the menu.

Does anyone know what could have caused this and how to fix it? The only thing I've done since last week is delete the map I had loaded onto the micro SD card and load a different one. This is my first GPS and I'm unsure if it's something I've done or if the device is faulty.

fcampo, Oct 12, 2017
  2. fcampo

Nuvi-Nebie Moderator

It is possible to customise the way this unit reacts to button presses, so you might have changed a setting somewhere, here is page 39 of the user guide

Screenshot_20171012-100431.png

'Changing the page sequence' could have made your unit act differently and 'Restore all Default Setting' should put it back the way it was

Nuvi-Nebie, Oct 12, 2017
  3. fcampo

fcampo

Thanks, I tried restoring all default settings but that didn't work. Think I might see if I can send it back for a replacement.

fcampo, Oct 12, 2017
Ask a Question