eTrex 20 question

Discussion in 'Garmin GPS' started by NealPT, Sep 20, 2021.

1. NealPT

NealPT

I have an older eTrex 20 and have been using it for years so I know how everything works. I go for a walk about every morning (normally the same route) so when I start out I Clear the current track on the eTrex, the walk my route, the save the track. (I do this simply to keep track of when I have walked). That has worked fine for years and it still records the track correctly but about 2 months ago it started doing a weird thing. When I start recording the 7th track it displays one of the previous recorded tracks (magenta color) on the screen (see attached picture). You'll notice in the picture that I walked a slightly different route just so you can see that it's recording the current track that I am walking. I tried clearing all tracks and all archived tracks and did a factor reset but it still does the same thing. Anyone have any idea why it brings up an old track?

Attached Files:

NealPT, Sep 20, 2021
  2. NealPT

Nuvi-Nebie Moderator

It looks to me like you are displaying a previously saved Track, on my GPSMap64s the steps are :- Menu >> Menu >> Setup >> Track Manager >> [select saved track] >> Enter >> View Map* >> Go >> Enter, this will display the saved Track (in magenta), with a start and end flag, The GPS is now in navigate mode so that you can re-trace your previous Track

To remove the magenta Track I would enter :- Find >> Stop Navigating, this will take the GPS out of navigating mode and remove the saved Track from the screen

*Note
    On the View Map screen, there is also a 'Hide on Map / Show on Map' option

Nuvi-Nebie, Sep 21, 2021
  3. NealPT

NealPT

The things is that I am not Navigating .... I am just recording a track. Your are correct in saying that it is displaying an old track and that's the problem. If I was navigating I would expect it to display it but I'm not.

NealPT, Sep 21, 2021
  4. NealPT

Nuvi-Nebie Moderator

OK. so Stop Navigating didn't work, did you try Hide on Map / Show on Map ?

Nuvi-Nebie, Sep 21, 2021
Ask a Question